I'd like to share a few tips to begin over the next few weeks to lighten the load, raise the energy levels and lift the spirits;
1. Drink 8 glasses of room temperature water per day between meals, starting with a full glass first thing upon wakening. Water aids our bodies with removing toxic build up, and without removing toxins, we simply cannot reduce our weight if that is a goal. Toxins are stored in fat cells--so the more toxins, the more fat cells....
Removing toxins from the system also clears the fog from our brains, lifts our mood, and can even change our perspective from a negative outlook to a positive one, helping us to be more creative and productive. This internal lift will also have a wonderful impact on relationships, as we become more empathetic, co-operative, patient and loving with those around us!
Just water huh?1 Who'da thunk? ;-)
Adding 1-2 drops lemon essential oil to your morning and evening water will boost the effect of detox, supporting the liver in doing it's job. (Please remember, not all oils are created equal, and I do not promote oils which are not Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. Inquire by email about the brand I use in my practice)
2. Eat your Veggies! Lots and lots of organic veggies! Vegetables are packed with anti-oxidants, enzymes, vitamins, minerals and water; all needed for proper functioning of all systems in the body. If you are sluggish-check your veggie intake. You should be eating a variety of vegetables, cooked and raw; at least 2/3 of your food intake!
3. Lower the carbs, eliminate the processed foods. Starches and sugar slow the body down, and pack on the weight. 'Bad" Bacteria such as Candida and other yeasts and molds thrive on starches and sugars, and the more processed the food, the more sugar it turns to into your system and the more food for bad bacteria! Cut the carbs way back--to less than 10% of your diet. Even fruits should be eaten in small quantities, as, unfortunately, they turn to sugar as well.
4. Eat wild caught fish, seafood, organic poultry and grass fed beef in small amounts, as the body can process these proteins well. They are low in toxins, do not feed bad bacteria, and do not cause blood sugar fluctuations. Keeping blood sugar stable helps with weight loss, and mood control.
5. Eat a healthy dose of good fats, such as coconut oil, avocado, fish, organic eggs, small amounts of seeds and nuts. These fats aid in weight loss, brain function, nervous system regulation, and immune function.
6. Lactic acid fermented vegetables such as sauerkraut and others are excellent food for the good bacteria in your gut. The stronger the good bacteria, the stronger all systems! All gut bacteria matters because all bacteria excretes after it eats....just like us! But here's the catch-bad bacteria excretes toxins, and good bacteria excretes B-Vitamins which are vital to supporting our nervous system and brain!
7. Lastly, supplementation during a cleanse with herbs, essential oils, vitamins, minerals and others can really spur along the process! Next time I will go over some supportive supplements to get you reaching your goals quicker and more efficiently!
All the best on this blustery windy Thursday!